Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Sports massage may:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of waste and toxins
- Encourage deep muscle relaxation
- Tone and balance the muscles
- Improve range of motion and flexibility
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
You do not need to be a sports performer to benefit from a sports massage. The benefits above can also help relieve the many day to day problems as well as repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension and fatigue, that everyone experiences.